April 4, 2018
The church building is cleaned by parishioners who are scheduled in pairs about once every 4 to 6 weeks; if interested, contact the Cleaning Team Coordinator.
The central vacuum hose is in the furnace room, and a floor vacuum is in the Vestry Room. Brooms, mops and pails are stored in the kitchen.
1. Vacuum weekly all the carpets upstairs and downstairs in the Meeting Room and back hallway and stairway.
2. Wash weekly stairways, and kitchen and bathroom floors.
3. Sweep Parish Hall floor weekly, and mop as required.
4. Dust the pews and wash kneelers when necessary.
5. In the Vestry Room, empty waste paper basket.
6. In the bathrooms, clean toilets and sinks, and empty waste paper baskets.
7. In the Vestry Room, kitchen and bathrooms, check all soap dispensers and refill as necessary as well as toilet tissue and paper towels. Extra soap boxes are found in cupboard under stairs and paper products are stored in a bathroom cupboard.
8. In the kitchen, clean sinks and stoves.
9. Check Meeting Room for a tidy appearance.
10. Empty central vacuum tank in furnace room and the canister in the floor vacuum at least once a month. When this is done, write date on sheet on furnace room door.
11. Change furnace filter at the beginning of September and of February. Extra furnace filters are in the furnace room. When this is done, write date on the sheet on furnace room door.
The Church building is not like your home where you know who will be in your home. The Church building has many different users including children and we must ensure that they are safe.
Consider whether the cleaning products are necessary, and dispose of them if they are not. Those that are necessary are to be stored in the locked cupboard in the kitchen, the key is hanging on the wall.