Goals and Objectives
Adopted at the June 10, 2019 Parish Council Meeting
is to build a loving Christian family of faith and to nurture our spiritual lives as we share God's love.
Our vision for St Stephen’s
is to foster a kind, loving and healthy Christian Community:
celebrating God’s presence in our lives, helping those of all ages in building spiritual lives and faith; and
helping the community of St. Stephen’s, the larger community of Current River and area by providing spiritual, emotional, moral, mental and physical support.
With Jesus leading the way, together everyone achieves more.
Goals and Objectives 2019-2022
1. Watch video ‘Doctrine of Discovery’: Diane to lead four, two-hour sessions or a half a day, prior to Synod 2021, hold it Wednesdays October 16 to November 6. Completed 2019
2. Gathering toques and mitts, encourage knitters: in fall of 2019, Wendy to create a place to keep them; extras give to Current River Churches Food Cupboard, Dew Drop Inn and Mission to Seafarers.
3. Once a year have a PWRDF Sunday on the 4th Sunday in October: Diane to involve Sunday School, sermon presentation of their work, meal, get their resources. STARTED 2019
4. Encourage random acts of kindness: reference in sermons, Sunday School, Facebook post, check in at Parish Council meetings.
5. Find out more about Urban Abbey: someone research it and present to Parish Council.
6. Diane to find out about Coventry Cathedral and present to parish.
1. Offer a refresher session for Eucharistic Assistants: June 16 after worship. Completed 2019
2. Support a student organist: how do we find people? How much are we going to pay? Parish Council to assign a task group and report back by January 2020. STARTED 2019
3. Explore New Zealand and Iona liturgies: get Bishop’s permission, identify Sundays; get a group of people to do leg work. STARTED 2019
1. Host an annual picnic/BBQ in the church yard after worship on a Sunday: July 21 and August 18, play some outdoor games, offer music; Janet, Barb W. and Wendy to lead. STARTED 2019
2. Offer a family day at least once a year: Advent, Lent, Thanksgiving, potluck, craft, prayer. November 30. STARTED 2019
3. Create a sign board for people in key parish positions: at the September Parish Council meeting identify positions, where to put board. STARTED 2019
4. Look at name tags for people holding key parish positions: at the September Parish Council meeting identify positions, type of name tag. STARTED 2019
5. Update sign on east wall: discuss at the September Parish Council meeting. STARTED 2019
6. Explore Anglican Foundation: Diane/Canon Ed to present at the November Parish Council meeting and decide what to do.
7. Get sign for Birch Point inviting people to join us: made to fit in sandwich board. Completed 2019
8. Movie night and pizza: discuss at a Parish Council meeting. MARCH 2020
9. Do a community activity such as the Hike for Hospice: develop a list of activities and discuss at a Parish Council meeting. STARTED 2019
1. Alpha follow-up social, invite participants from Alpha 2018 course: Diane to help lead, discuss at fall 2019 Parish Council meeting.
2. Review how Sunday School is offered and how Nursery could be offered: Diane to lead, discuss at fall 2019 Parish Council meeting. Completed 2019
3. Offer an annual Quiet morning / workshop on prayer: Advent, Lent, summertime? Evening? Stewardship session November 13, Quiet Morning March 7. STARTED 2019
1. Engage a speaker from the Medically Assistance in Dying committee.
2. Host an Alzheimer’s coffee hour after worship in September.
3. Host a Bullying and Fraud prevention workshop.
4. Host Dementia workshop and get a dementia friendly place designation. Completed 2019
5. Develop the capability to offer funeral pre-planning: Pastoral Team develop this over the summer of 2019.